MACS meets every first Friday of the month at 5:00pm. Please check back often for meeting details!
The purpose of the Math and Computer Science Club (officially known as the MACS Club) is to provide an opportunity for both Cochise College and University of Arizona South Computer Science and Mathematics students to have an opportunity to pursue additional presentations, trips, and activities which will expand their knowledge and interest in the field of study.
MACS Meeting and Christmas Party: December 5, 2014 @ 4-8pm - UASV (End of year picnic)
Math Bee: January 19, 2015 @ 9am-12pm - Cochise College Student Union (Community Room)
MACS Meeting: May 2 or 4, 2014 @ 5:30pm - UASV (End of year picnic)
The MACS Club Math Bee will be held on Jan 19, 2015 from 9 to noon at the Cochise College Student Union Community Room. Prizes will be $100 for 1st place, $75 for 2nd place, and $50 for 3rd place. In order to qualify for the Math Bee, you must have successfully completed or currently be passing Calc II. Apply by Jan 13, 2015 to compete!
- Contestants get one chance to answer the question. If they are incorrect, they will not be allowed to try again.
- Questions will cover addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division up to 5 digit numbers.
- There will be 2 special categories of questions, one in binary and one in hex. Special prizes will be awarded for these two categories.
Register for the Math Bee!
Suggest a Seminar Topic
- Angela Carpenter, President
- Jon Scott, Vice President
- Theresa Keckler, Treasurer
- Jason Brumfield, Food Committee Chair
- Tiffany Huxhold, Food Committee Vice Chair